I know, I know. Blogger memes. Ridiculous. But I just couldn't help but do this. Feels like myspace. Mmmm nostalgia.
1. I've never been to the hospital. Never broken a bone. Never gotten stitches. (Knock on wood!)
2. I lived in Arizona when I was really little. It's probably just nostalgia, but I miss it all the time. I remember the wildlife (scorpions, tarantulas, javelinas, coyotes), the cactus, the sunsets...yep, I could definitely see myself living there again.
3. Milk Duds are my favorite candy, followed closely by Sour Patch Kids. In high school, one of my teachers sold candy in his class as a fundraiser for a yearly school trip to Europe. Every day before class I would buy a box of Milk Duds. If you sent in 12 proof-of-purchases from the Milk Duds you got a free movie ticket. By the end of the year I had six free movie tickets. Yep. I like Milk Duds.
4. My first car was a 1980 Audi 5000 that I called "The Boat." I loved that goofy car - such a stereotypical teenager car. It was constantly dying and I'd have to get a jump from friendly strangers. The battery was in the backseat, making the process super hilarious/awkward. "Umm, no, you need to pull around behind...the battery is in the back seat."
5. Once I get sleepy, I cannot stay awake. I have fallen asleep in class, standing up, in a crowded bar, at a Megadeath concert, while driving, and even while pipetting at work. I'm pretty sure I have excessive daytime sleepiness.
6. I definitely don't consider myself a picky eater, but I do have weird/specific things I don't like. Like ground beef. It's okay in tacos, but totally totally gross in lasagna, meat sauce, on pizza (ew, why??), chef boyardee, and worst of all...sloppy joes. Gaaaaaag.
7. I'm not incredibly short (5'3"), but I have freakishly short legs. They are significantly shorter than my mom's legs, and I'm taller than she is. For Christmas I got a pair of "cropped" length jeans...I had to get about two inches hemmed off them.
8. When I was little I really thought I could fly. I had dreams where I could fly, but I thought they were real. In my dreams I couldn't control when I could fly, it would just randomly happen. I kept telling people I could fly, but I couldn't prove it because I didn't have control over it.
9. I absolutely cannot stand bitting into cold fruit. Cold strawberries are the worst. Or popsicles. Makes me shutter just to think about. Uggghhhh.
10. I'm part hispanic, but most people tend to think I'm Jewish.
11. I met Jimmy Carter on an airplane. I was sitting next to a marine. When Jimmy Carter got on the plane he shook the marines hand, and then he shook mine too!
11 Questions (some from Sometime Sweet, some by me)
1. What's the last concert you went to?
Ensiferum and Children of Bodom. Good stuff.
2. You are stranded on a desert island with a food replicator. The replicator can only make three meals/types of food for the rest of your life. What food would you pick?
Bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, cheese enchiladas, and creme brulee (very healthy).
3. What is the blog you've started following recently?
I am totally crushing over the blog Virginie's Cinema. Her style is perfect. Major girl crush!
4. What's your all-time favorite TV show?
Buffy the Vampire Slayer!
5. What is your all time favorite book?
The Count of Monte Cristo.
6. What is your favorite movie?
Probably Little Women (the Winona Rider and Claire Danes version). Don't know what it is but I just love that movie. Princess Bride and Amelie are pretty damn good too.
7. What part of the world would you most like to visit?
Recently I've been dying to go to Finland. That country just seems to have its shit together. Great schools, great healthcare, 180,000 lakes! And they have so much metal!
8. What's the best youtube video you've seen recently?
I know this isn't a new one, but I had to watch this Fancy Feast video again today. In other news, watching videos not just about cats, but videos that are actually commercials for cat food, brings my crazy cat lady syndrome up to a whole new level.
9. If you could live in any time period, when would it be?
I would live right now (is that boring?) I think the 21st century is pretty awesome. The internet, antibiotics, technology....it's good stuff!
10. If you had to wear one color forever, what would it be?
Black! Without a doubt. I have a hard time not wearing black everyday.
11. Onion rings or tater tots?
If you want to do this to (ie you are bored) just post a pic of yourself, 11 random facts, and then answer 11 questions (either these ones or ones you make up yourself).